Saturday 22 August 2020

What's next for the blog? Summary

After this provocative title, I am in a hurry to announce that blog will continue.

It will last until I present my entire collection, or ...



1. ABOUT SUPPORT (if I'm bored, forgive me)


As you may have noticed, I have been asking you for financial help for some time.

Unfortunately, difficult times have also affected me. I lost my steady job and make a living from part-time jobs, which is not easy.
I have nobody to ask for help, that's why I am asking you for support.

And I want to thank all those who make a gesture of solidarity and help.
It is not common these days.


Someone wrote in a comment that I can connect ads to my blog and earn money on them.
Unfortunately, the content of this blog does not fully meet all Terms & Conditions (as you probably guessed).
Someone else wrote that my requests are boring and if I have problems it is better to close the blog.
Well, you don't have to read or respond to my requests if you're bored. Besides, closing my blog won't help me in a difficult situation.
On the contrary.

It is a great joy for me to run this blog and share my collections with you.

All the more so now - in difficult times, contact with music and with you, dear friends, allows me to survive.
For my part, as a thank you, I am trying to repay you with a musical surprise.
However, I know that many of you support me completely selflessly.

Thank you for that with all my heart.







2. ABOUT HANDEL (The Handel Project coming to the end?)


The Handel Project lasts over two years on the blog.

The project started as a result of constant requests for more Handel's recordings on the blog from a certain: Karl Franz Friedrich Brandt (the guy I call KFFB for short, who now rarely shows up in blog comments - strange).
I owe the name "The Handel Project" to a certain Alice (who still cannot ask for the recording of "Terpsicore" conducted by James Richman), and to whom I thank very much for the title of this project.

The plans were that I would publish all the available recordings of Handel's operas and oratorios.

I did not quite believe that it would succeed.
And yet!

In April last year

"One year of The Handel Project" on makdelart's blog"

I made a summary and listed what was left to be published.
Almost everything is posted here!


What else is left?


ORATORIOS:

1. ISRAEL IN EGYPT (dir. Maurice Abravanel) - a part of boxset: "The Art of Grace Bumbry"

2. SAUL - brand new recording under L.Cummings

3. SAMSON - new recording. L.G.Alarcon, dir.

and, of course, many recordings of Messiah.


OPERAS:

1. GIULIO CESARE, dir. Herbert Albert (1950 recording)

2. SERSE, dir. Piero Bellugi (1962 recording)


I think that's all.
I will try to complete this but due to my current situation (see above) it may take longer.
Apart from the recordings above, there are many more or less official ones that I can sometimes hunt down on eBay. I will also share them with you.


3. ABOUT OTHER RECORDINGS


I have many other recordings in my collection, which I will successively publish here.
I have a lot of recordings of compositions by Bach, Monteverdi, Vivaldi. Many baroque operas by other composers.
I have recordings made by Ch. Rousset, a lot of Gabriel Garrido.


I also have something special - the so-called: Polonica. Recordings of Polish composers, or recordings of early music, baroque music made by Polish musicians.
I think it's worth getting acquainted with these recordings.

I have some box sets - I like them. And I also publish them, as you can see, although there is a lot of work with them.

So, as you can see, the blog can still exist.
The storeroom of recordings for publication is quite large.

If any recordings are not available on the server - let me know. 
I will complete them as soon as possible.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and help me in distress.
I will repay you with great music.
All I have.

Thank you for being with me

makdelart